Tuesday, March 16, 2010

and more new stuff...


I thought that seeing as I've got other news not related to the collaboration image, I should put up a separate post:

So I've started out trying a new way to print my litho's...

Without getting too detailed - basically, I'm only using different opacities of four basic colors to get the full range (or close to) of color. Normally, what I'd do is draw normally, then work back with my color separations - now I'm going the other way.

Here are some samples -

I already started to print this one as a litho (and I have a few copies as a digital print as well). Unfortunately, most - if not all of the photo plates in the studio were exposed to light... so my litho version doesn't have any black in it (yet). I'm going to scrounge around and see if I have a stray plate somewhere, or I'll just use a smart plate... It's only 11x17"


It doesn't have a proper title yet - It's a continuation from the story began in my Grace/Rhino print, and the people in the background are characters I drew in one of my earliest litho's.

This one is titled "The Waiting Game" - I've got this as a digital print for now, and will be a litho once the new photo plates come in...


I thought up the image while I was looking out the window, waiting for the mail to arrive (I applied for grad schools, and I hear back on most/all of them this month)

And here's another one... I think I still need to tweak around the colors a bit (I haven't printed it yet - but it's going to be HUGE)



(EDIT)

...and I forgot to mention. Zoe's doing an art show in downtown Iowa City over the end of April, with a reception on May 1st at Uptown Bill's Small Mall. It's primarily going to be Zoe's show, but it'll also have our collaborative images, some of my newer prints/drawings, and I'm going to be doing a.... well - I don't want to say "Dj Set" but it's going to be a collection of stuff each of us has written/recorded with some 'found sound recordings' and "normal songs" thrown in amongst them (so basically, a really weird dj set)

OH - and we sold more of our shirts at "The Shop Next Door" in Cedar Rapids. Thanks to everyone who has checked them out! We're going to be printing some new things over the week, and dropping them off on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment