Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Prints...

I just finished a series of new (large) litho prints in Glasgow...


The image is just over two feet wide and three feet tall.  


There are two different versions of it: for one print, I 'fixed' some glitter by reprinting the blue layer (after finishing all the other colors) with just transparent base.  Immediately after printing that layer, I coated the paper with glitter - and it only stuck where the trans-base was.


Unfortunately - the lighting in the studio wasn't so hot (there's basically only those ceiling lights found in offices) and it was a particularly cloudy day.  They look incredible and vibrant in person, but on the wall, a spotlight is pretty much necessary.  Which is why I also included the original drawing at the bottom.


But anyways - I don't have a title yet, and I'm pretty sure that this image will be a part of the series relating to the "Saint Lucy" image


'And I Hope It Never Stops' [Glitter Version] (2011) by Blake Peterson






Detail of Litho Print with glitter by Blake Peterson (2011)




'And I Hope It Never Stops' (without glitter, in alt orientation) litho by Blake Peterson (2011)
Detail of Litho Print without glitter by Blake Peterson (2011)
'And I Hope It Never Stops' - Original Sketch (used as template) by Blake Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment