Friday, August 27, 2010

Greetings from Glasgow


Hanging out at the hotel... after long day looking at too many apartments, and speaking with too many different leasing agents.

But - things are looking up and Glasgow is GREAT. My father came out here with me, to help with the apartment hunting, which looks like it was a good decision, as I'd pretty much get screwed over if I didn't have an "adult" with me (I mean, someone over 50)

Hopefully, I will have a place "held" for me by Monday... although I may not be able to move in until like... the 7th or something.

Zoe will move out here soon... I think like the 4th(?) but I forget her actual move-in date. Before she arrives in Glasgow, she's spending four days in Iceland. Basically just hanging out and taking spa treatments at the Blue Lagoon

The hotel we're staying at now is incredible, and has a nice garden in the back. Only problem is, when people smoke - it drifts back into the room.

Unfortunately - no new drawings or prints yet... but here's another one of my images from when we were up at Madeline Island in Northern Wisconsin. I actually really like it... even though Zoe's cheeks are still waaaaayyyy puffy from her wisdom teeth being taken out. The only way she'd let me keep it was if I promised not to use it for a shirt/print/profitable whatever


Oh wow... Now that I look at the image again... I feel like I should add a disclaimer. The hotel's wifi is obnoxiously slow. Like 1 hour 46 minutes to download a single mp3. So - in order to get the picture up, I had to really lower the resolution, which turned all the nice gradients in the background into a bit of a mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment